Oct 17, 2013, 11:03 AM EST
Meanwhile, in A-Rod land:
There’s a book coming out about A-Rod that threatens to totally change the way we think about rich, narcissistic athletes who have trouble relating to normal human beings. And by “change the way we think about” I mean “totally, undeniably confirm the way we think about rich, narcissistic athletes.”
Also: there is an online petition to bring A-Rod justice or something:
Hispanics Across America has launched a petition site aimed at “stopping the injustice” with respect to the 211-game suspension given to New York Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez … The new site, supportarod13.com, features a petition, an A-Rod photo gallery and a link to donate to HAA.
Thank God. I was about to donate some time to help people who have been truly wronged and subjugated by those in power, but now I can do what I truly want to do deep down and donate money to an organization dedicated to helping out Alex Rodriguez.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 27
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 18
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)