Oct 17, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
Meanwhile, in A-Rod land:
There’s a book coming out about A-Rod that threatens to totally change the way we think about rich, narcissistic athletes who have trouble relating to normal human beings. And by “change the way we think about” I mean “totally, undeniably confirm the way we think about rich, narcissistic athletes.”
Also: there is an online petition to bring A-Rod justice or something:
Hispanics Across America has launched a petition site aimed at “stopping the injustice” with respect to the 211-game suspension given to New York Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez … The new site, supportarod13.com, features a petition, an A-Rod photo gallery and a link to donate to HAA.
Thank God. I was about to donate some time to help people who have been truly wronged and subjugated by those in power, but now I can do what I truly want to do deep down and donate money to an organization dedicated to helping out Alex Rodriguez.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)