Oct 17, 2013, 3:05 PM EDT
Matt Capps failed to make the Indians out of spring training and then appeared in just six games at Triple-A before undergoing season-ending shoulder surgery, but he’ll give it another try next year.
Jordan Bastian of MLB.com reports that the Indians have re-signed Capps to another minor-league contract with an invitation spring training, where the former Pirates, Nationals, and Twins closer will try to resurrect his career as a middle reliever.
Capps is still just 30 years old, but he never really had much business closing and was mostly limited to low-leverage work at the end of his time in Minnesota.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17