Oct 17, 2013, 4:34 PM EDT
That is, if our process of elimination is correct. The upshot: earlier today MLB.com’s Jesse Sanchez reported that Jose Abreu narrowed his list of potential destinations to the Astros, Red Sox and White Sox. Then Buster Olney reported that the Astros’ bid has fallen short and that the Red Sox did not expect to sign him. Ergo, therefore, as such and thus: White Sox.
Abreu, in case you missed it, is a 6-foot-3, 250 pound power prospect. He’s 26 and played in Cuba’s top league for more than three years. Because of his age he’s not subject to the international signing limits recently announced, and it’s expected that he could get Puig money and then some, with some speculating that he could command upwards of $60-70 million.
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (86)