Oct 17, 2013, 4:34 PM EDT
That is, if our process of elimination is correct. The upshot: earlier today MLB.com’s Jesse Sanchez reported that Jose Abreu narrowed his list of potential destinations to the Astros, Red Sox and White Sox. Then Buster Olney reported that the Astros’ bid has fallen short and that the Red Sox did not expect to sign him. Ergo, therefore, as such and thus: White Sox.
Abreu, in case you missed it, is a 6-foot-3, 250 pound power prospect. He’s 26 and played in Cuba’s top league for more than three years. Because of his age he’s not subject to the international signing limits recently announced, and it’s expected that he could get Puig money and then some, with some speculating that he could command upwards of $60-70 million.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)