Oct 17, 2013, 4:34 PM EDT
That is, if our process of elimination is correct. The upshot: earlier today MLB.com’s Jesse Sanchez reported that Jose Abreu narrowed his list of potential destinations to the Astros, Red Sox and White Sox. Then Buster Olney reported that the Astros’ bid has fallen short and that the Red Sox did not expect to sign him. Ergo, therefore, as such and thus: White Sox.
Abreu, in case you missed it, is a 6-foot-3, 250 pound power prospect. He’s 26 and played in Cuba’s top league for more than three years. Because of his age he’s not subject to the international signing limits recently announced, and it’s expected that he could get Puig money and then some, with some speculating that he could command upwards of $60-70 million.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)