Oct 17, 2013, 11:48 AM EDT
Gonna be honest. Starting to get worried about my pick of the Nats as World Series champs. I mean, anything can happen in a short series, but I don’t feel like Washington is gonna win it all this year.
In other news, the Nationals are giving a treat to their employees. A trip to St. Louis to watch another baseball team play in the playoffs.
I became aware of this when a Nats fan I know tweeted it. Here’s how it’s playing there:
The Nats are tone-deaf, a continuing series: http://t.co/X02in8KFbO
— Chris Needham (@needham_chris) October 17, 2013
What say you, other Nats fans? My sense is that, if I was an employee, I’d think it’s kind of nice. But it’s hard to disagree with Chris that this is a bit tone deaf as a matter of public relations. At best it’s a great opportunity for people to make fun of the Nats.
Not that anyone around here would ever do that.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 16
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 11
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 96
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (132)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)