Oct 17, 2013, 11:48 AM EDT
Gonna be honest. Starting to get worried about my pick of the Nats as World Series champs. I mean, anything can happen in a short series, but I don’t feel like Washington is gonna win it all this year.
In other news, the Nationals are giving a treat to their employees. A trip to St. Louis to watch another baseball team play in the playoffs.
I became aware of this when a Nats fan I know tweeted it. Here’s how it’s playing there:
The Nats are tone-deaf, a continuing series: http://t.co/X02in8KFbO
— Chris Needham (@needham_chris) October 17, 2013
What say you, other Nats fans? My sense is that, if I was an employee, I’d think it’s kind of nice. But it’s hard to disagree with Chris that this is a bit tone deaf as a matter of public relations. At best it’s a great opportunity for people to make fun of the Nats.
Not that anyone around here would ever do that.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)