Oct 17, 2013, 11:48 AM EDT
Gonna be honest. Starting to get worried about my pick of the Nats as World Series champs. I mean, anything can happen in a short series, but I don’t feel like Washington is gonna win it all this year.
In other news, the Nationals are giving a treat to their employees. A trip to St. Louis to watch another baseball team play in the playoffs.
I became aware of this when a Nats fan I know tweeted it. Here’s how it’s playing there:
The Nats are tone-deaf, a continuing series: http://t.co/X02in8KFbO
— Chris Needham (@needham_chris) October 17, 2013
What say you, other Nats fans? My sense is that, if I was an employee, I’d think it’s kind of nice. But it’s hard to disagree with Chris that this is a bit tone deaf as a matter of public relations. At best it’s a great opportunity for people to make fun of the Nats.
Not that anyone around here would ever do that.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 9
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 87
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 63
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 66
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (96)