Oct 17, 2013, 11:48 AM EDT
Gonna be honest. Starting to get worried about my pick of the Nats as World Series champs. I mean, anything can happen in a short series, but I don’t feel like Washington is gonna win it all this year.
In other news, the Nationals are giving a treat to their employees. A trip to St. Louis to watch another baseball team play in the playoffs.
I became aware of this when a Nats fan I know tweeted it. Here’s how it’s playing there:
The Nats are tone-deaf, a continuing series: http://t.co/X02in8KFbO
— Chris Needham (@needham_chris) October 17, 2013
What say you, other Nats fans? My sense is that, if I was an employee, I’d think it’s kind of nice. But it’s hard to disagree with Chris that this is a bit tone deaf as a matter of public relations. At best it’s a great opportunity for people to make fun of the Nats.
Not that anyone around here would ever do that.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 19
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 7
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 41
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)