Oct 17, 2013, 10:43 PM EDT
The Tigers are inching closer to the Red Sox in Game 5 of the ALCS.
After Jon Lester walked Victor Martinez to lead off the bottom of the sixth inning, he bounced back by striking out Jhonny Peralta swinging. However, Omar Infante followed with a bloop single which dropped in front of a diving Jacoby Ellsbury in center field, which was enough for John Farrell to pull Lester in favor of Junichi Tazawa. The pitching change didn’t pay immediate dividends, as Brayan Pena knocked in Martinez with an RBI single to left-center, but Tazawa was able to get Austin Jackson to ground into an inning-ending double play to prevent any further damage. Dustin Pedroia made a nice turn at second base in order to make it happen.
The Red Sox lead the Tigers by the score of 4-2 in the top of the seventh inning.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 15
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 14
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 21
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)