Oct 17, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
The Tigers still have some work to do, but they are on the board against the Red Sox in Game 5 of the ALCS.
The suddenly-hot Austin Jackson led off the bottom of the fifth inning with a single and was bunted over to second base by Jose Iglesias. The bunt required an excellent play from Jon Lester to even get the out at first base. Torii Hunter fouled out to David Ross for the second out of the inning, but Miguel Cabrera singled to left-center field to drive in Jackson. The Tigers failed to do any more damage, as Prince Fielder grounded out to end the inning. The struggling slugger heard plenty of boos from the Comerica Park crowd.
The Red Sox lead 4-1 as Anibal Sanchez goes back to the mound for the top of the sixth inning.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 2
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 4
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 5
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 48
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)