Oct 17, 2013, 10:10 PM EST
The Tigers still have some work to do, but they are on the board against the Red Sox in Game 5 of the ALCS.
The suddenly-hot Austin Jackson led off the bottom of the fifth inning with a single and was bunted over to second base by Jose Iglesias. The bunt required an excellent play from Jon Lester to even get the out at first base. Torii Hunter fouled out to David Ross for the second out of the inning, but Miguel Cabrera singled to left-center field to drive in Jackson. The Tigers failed to do any more damage, as Prince Fielder grounded out to end the inning. The struggling slugger heard plenty of boos from the Comerica Park crowd.
The Red Sox lead 4-1 as Anibal Sanchez goes back to the mound for the top of the sixth inning.
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 10
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 62
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4