Oct 17, 2013, 10:10 PM EST
The Tigers still have some work to do, but they are on the board against the Red Sox in Game 5 of the ALCS.
The suddenly-hot Austin Jackson led off the bottom of the fifth inning with a single and was bunted over to second base by Jose Iglesias. The bunt required an excellent play from Jon Lester to even get the out at first base. Torii Hunter fouled out to David Ross for the second out of the inning, but Miguel Cabrera singled to left-center field to drive in Jackson. The Tigers failed to do any more damage, as Prince Fielder grounded out to end the inning. The struggling slugger heard plenty of boos from the Comerica Park crowd.
The Red Sox lead 4-1 as Anibal Sanchez goes back to the mound for the top of the sixth inning.
- Report: Starlin Castro detained in connection with shooting in Dominican Republic 4
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (243)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)