Oct 18, 2013, 9:23 PM EDT
Hours before the start of Game 6 of the NLCS between the Dodgers and Cardinals, Adrian Gonzalez and Yasiel Puig had some fun in front of the cameras. Gonzalez was presented with a poster portraying himself with Mickey Mouse ears riding atop Dumbo the elephant, with the caption “Dumbo and Dumber” at the bottom. Puig was presented with a poster showing the Cardinals’ rally squirrel, effectively naming Puig as the Dodgers’ squirrel. The Cardinals’ rally squirrel reached peak fame on October 5, 2011 when the Phillies took on the Cardinals in the NLDS.
Via ESPN’s Molly Knight on Twitter:
Yasiel Puig and Adrian Gonzalez sign Mickey Mouse and Rally Squirrel posters made by Busch Stadium Sign Guy. pic.twitter.com/xuwC4jTQUg
— Molly Knight (@molly_knight) October 18, 2013
Between that and tonight’s anthem standoff, both teams are providing lots of laughs as the NLCS nears its end.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 229
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)