Oct 18, 2013, 4:55 PM EST
Hanley Ramirez has tried to play through a cracked rib, but was in obvious pain and is now out of the Dodgers’ lineup. Nick Punto is starting at shortstop and batting eighth, with Yasiel Puig moving up in the batting order to take Ramirez’s usual cleanup spot.
Cardinals manager Mike Matheny has made a bunch of changes, including benching lefty-hitting Jon Jay in favor of righty-hitting Shane Robinson in center field. Jay has been awful defensively in this series and Robinson delivered a Game 4 homer, so he gets the nod versus left-hander Clayton Kershaw. Matheny has also shifted lefty bat Matt Adams down in the order, with Yadier Molina cleaning up and David Freese batting fifth.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 15
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 44
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 5
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 33
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)