Oct 18, 2013, 8:30 AM EDT
Much more of this insane stuff and I’m gonna hop off of the Team A-Rod bandwagon:
At a news conference held outside MLB’s Park Avenue offices, where Rodriguez’s appeal completed its seventh day Thursday, New York state Sen. Ruben Diaz, state Sen. Adriano Espaillat, Assemblywoman Gabriela Rosa and Hispanics Across America president Fernando Mateo went on the offensive against Selig and Yankees president Randy Levine.
“I’m here in support of Alex Rodriguez and what Fernando Mateo is trying to do, to be sure a member of our community gets justice,” said Diaz, who also is a minister and president of the New York Hispanic Clergy Organization. “I think that 211 games is unprecedented, unfair, unjust. And I think it’s discriminatory, too. I think that other people who have done worse have gotten less punishment.”
People often ask me why I care about this stuff and my answer is “well, I’m a baseball writer so if it has to do with baseball I feel like I should concern myself with it.” I have no idea what motivates state senators to get involved in this nonsense. They really and truly have better things to do.
At least I would hope they do.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 2
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 38
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)