Oct 18, 2013, 8:30 AM EDT
Much more of this insane stuff and I’m gonna hop off of the Team A-Rod bandwagon:
At a news conference held outside MLB’s Park Avenue offices, where Rodriguez’s appeal completed its seventh day Thursday, New York state Sen. Ruben Diaz, state Sen. Adriano Espaillat, Assemblywoman Gabriela Rosa and Hispanics Across America president Fernando Mateo went on the offensive against Selig and Yankees president Randy Levine.
“I’m here in support of Alex Rodriguez and what Fernando Mateo is trying to do, to be sure a member of our community gets justice,” said Diaz, who also is a minister and president of the New York Hispanic Clergy Organization. “I think that 211 games is unprecedented, unfair, unjust. And I think it’s discriminatory, too. I think that other people who have done worse have gotten less punishment.”
People often ask me why I care about this stuff and my answer is “well, I’m a baseball writer so if it has to do with baseball I feel like I should concern myself with it.” I have no idea what motivates state senators to get involved in this nonsense. They really and truly have better things to do.
At least I would hope they do.
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 1
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 78
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)