Oct 18, 2013, 8:30 AM EDT
Much more of this insane stuff and I’m gonna hop off of the Team A-Rod bandwagon:
At a news conference held outside MLB’s Park Avenue offices, where Rodriguez’s appeal completed its seventh day Thursday, New York state Sen. Ruben Diaz, state Sen. Adriano Espaillat, Assemblywoman Gabriela Rosa and Hispanics Across America president Fernando Mateo went on the offensive against Selig and Yankees president Randy Levine.
“I’m here in support of Alex Rodriguez and what Fernando Mateo is trying to do, to be sure a member of our community gets justice,” said Diaz, who also is a minister and president of the New York Hispanic Clergy Organization. “I think that 211 games is unprecedented, unfair, unjust. And I think it’s discriminatory, too. I think that other people who have done worse have gotten less punishment.”
People often ask me why I care about this stuff and my answer is “well, I’m a baseball writer so if it has to do with baseball I feel like I should concern myself with it.” I have no idea what motivates state senators to get involved in this nonsense. They really and truly have better things to do.
At least I would hope they do.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 23
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 44
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)