Oct 18, 2013, 8:30 AM EDT
Much more of this insane stuff and I’m gonna hop off of the Team A-Rod bandwagon:
At a news conference held outside MLB’s Park Avenue offices, where Rodriguez’s appeal completed its seventh day Thursday, New York state Sen. Ruben Diaz, state Sen. Adriano Espaillat, Assemblywoman Gabriela Rosa and Hispanics Across America president Fernando Mateo went on the offensive against Selig and Yankees president Randy Levine.
“I’m here in support of Alex Rodriguez and what Fernando Mateo is trying to do, to be sure a member of our community gets justice,” said Diaz, who also is a minister and president of the New York Hispanic Clergy Organization. “I think that 211 games is unprecedented, unfair, unjust. And I think it’s discriminatory, too. I think that other people who have done worse have gotten less punishment.”
People often ask me why I care about this stuff and my answer is “well, I’m a baseball writer so if it has to do with baseball I feel like I should concern myself with it.” I have no idea what motivates state senators to get involved in this nonsense. They really and truly have better things to do.
At least I would hope they do.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 15
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 14
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 21
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)