Oct 19, 2013, 5:23 PM EST
With the Red Sox one win away from a trip to the World Series, here are the lineups for Game 6 of the ALCS at Fenway Park …
SP Max Scherzer
Tigers manager Jim Leyland is sticking with his new-look lineup, featuring Torii Hunter in the leadoff spot and Miguel Cabrera out of the No. 2 spot. Alex Avila left Thursday’s game with a left patellar tendon strain following a home plate collision with David Ross, but he feels good enough to give it a go in Game 6.
After David Ross caught Jon Lester on Thursday night, Jarrod Saltalamacchia is back in the starting lineup for Game 6. Jonny Gomes and Xander Bogaerts are starting again, though they will each be bumped down a spot in the order from Game 5. Stephen Drew remains at shortstop, despite hitting just .094 (3-for-32) this postseason.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)