Oct 19, 2013, 5:23 PM EST
With the Red Sox one win away from a trip to the World Series, here are the lineups for Game 6 of the ALCS at Fenway Park …
SP Max Scherzer
Tigers manager Jim Leyland is sticking with his new-look lineup, featuring Torii Hunter in the leadoff spot and Miguel Cabrera out of the No. 2 spot. Alex Avila left Thursday’s game with a left patellar tendon strain following a home plate collision with David Ross, but he feels good enough to give it a go in Game 6.
After David Ross caught Jon Lester on Thursday night, Jarrod Saltalamacchia is back in the starting lineup for Game 6. Jonny Gomes and Xander Bogaerts are starting again, though they will each be bumped down a spot in the order from Game 5. Stephen Drew remains at shortstop, despite hitting just .094 (3-for-32) this postseason.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 57
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 228
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (226)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)