Oct 19, 2013, 2:23 AM EST
Maria Peguero, wife of Mariners outfielder Carlos Peguero, is facing federal wire-fraud charges for making nearly $180,000 worth of online purchases on a debit card belonging to Sandra Hernandez, wife of Mariners right-hander Felix Hernandez, the Seattle Times is reporting.
The article, which really should be read in whole, tells of court documents showing Maria Peguero had nearly $180,000 of merchandise from Saks Fifth Avenue delivered to her last year after gaining access to an undisclosed person’s debit card. The Seattle Times says the card belonged to Sandra Hernandez. Maria Peguero had stayed at Hernandez’s house in 2012, and the two reportedly did some online shopping.
Carlos Peguero, who has hit .195 with nine homers and 84 strikeouts in 205 at-bats in parts of three seasons with the Mariners, denied any knowledge of his wife’s alleged purchases. Maria Peguero is the daughter of the late Pedro Borbon and sister of fellow former major leaguer Pedro Borbon Jr.
Maria Peguero was also arrested in 2010 for shoplifting from a T.J. Maxx, so at least she seems to be moving up in the world. Best of all, the email address she used for her purchases and had linked to her twitter: email@example.com.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 40
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)