Oct 19, 2013, 2:23 AM EDT
Maria Peguero, wife of Mariners outfielder Carlos Peguero, is facing federal wire-fraud charges for making nearly $180,000 worth of online purchases on a debit card belonging to Sandra Hernandez, wife of Mariners right-hander Felix Hernandez, the Seattle Times is reporting.
The article, which really should be read in whole, tells of court documents showing Maria Peguero had nearly $180,000 of merchandise from Saks Fifth Avenue delivered to her last year after gaining access to an undisclosed person’s debit card. The Seattle Times says the card belonged to Sandra Hernandez. Maria Peguero had stayed at Hernandez’s house in 2012, and the two reportedly did some online shopping.
Carlos Peguero, who has hit .195 with nine homers and 84 strikeouts in 205 at-bats in parts of three seasons with the Mariners, denied any knowledge of his wife’s alleged purchases. Maria Peguero is the daughter of the late Pedro Borbon and sister of fellow former major leaguer Pedro Borbon Jr.
Maria Peguero was also arrested in 2010 for shoplifting from a T.J. Maxx, so at least she seems to be moving up in the world. Best of all, the email address she used for her purchases and had linked to her twitter: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)