Oct 19, 2013, 2:23 AM EDT
Maria Peguero, wife of Mariners outfielder Carlos Peguero, is facing federal wire-fraud charges for making nearly $180,000 worth of online purchases on a debit card belonging to Sandra Hernandez, wife of Mariners right-hander Felix Hernandez, the Seattle Times is reporting.
The article, which really should be read in whole, tells of court documents showing Maria Peguero had nearly $180,000 of merchandise from Saks Fifth Avenue delivered to her last year after gaining access to an undisclosed person’s debit card. The Seattle Times says the card belonged to Sandra Hernandez. Maria Peguero had stayed at Hernandez’s house in 2012, and the two reportedly did some online shopping.
Carlos Peguero, who has hit .195 with nine homers and 84 strikeouts in 205 at-bats in parts of three seasons with the Mariners, denied any knowledge of his wife’s alleged purchases. Maria Peguero is the daughter of the late Pedro Borbon and sister of fellow former major leaguer Pedro Borbon Jr.
Maria Peguero was also arrested in 2010 for shoplifting from a T.J. Maxx, so at least she seems to be moving up in the world. Best of all, the email address she used for her purchases and had linked to her twitter: email@example.com.
- The Dodgers and Braves are deep into trade talks involving Juan Uribe and Alberto Callaspo 15
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 19
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 59
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)