Oct 19, 2013, 8:57 AM EST
Everything’s coming up Cardinals.
According to Jenifer Langosch and Chad Thornburg of MLB.com, Allen Craig tested his Lisfranc injury yesterday afternoon by taking 10 simulated at-bats. He said the batting practice session “went well” and expressed optimism that he will be ready for the start of the World Series next Wednesday.
“I think I’ll be ready,” Craig said. “I’m going to give it my best shot. I feel good. I feel like I’m progressing in my rehab. If I had it my way, I’m going to be out there. That’s what I’m anticipating. I wouldn’t miss it for the world.”
Craig is also doing some on-field running, but the thought is that he may not be ready to play on the field as soon as next week. Still, he could be a huge asset in a DH and pinch-hitting capacity.
Craig, 29, batted .315/.373/.457 with 13 home runs and 97 RBI in 134 games during the regular season.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 75
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)