Oct 20, 2013, 10:03 AM EDT
Seems like we get one of these every other series.
Ben Verlander — the younger brother of Tigers right-hander Justin Verlander — apparently encountered some childish behavior Saturday during Game 6 of the ALCS at Boston’s Fenway Park. Ben sent this from his personal Twitter account near the end of the game, a little while after Red Sox outfielder Shane Victorino put the home team ahead for good with his spectacular seventh-inning four-run blast:
The way these fans are acting towards our family section is despicable. #Classless
— Ben Verlander (@Verly32) October 20, 2013
The meatheads at Barstool Sports say Ben should “stop being such a chick.” How sweet.
Ben and Justin Verlander versus a couple of tools who sell t-shirts. That’d be a quick fight.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 28
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 22
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)