Oct 20, 2013, 10:03 AM EDT
Seems like we get one of these every other series.
Ben Verlander — the younger brother of Tigers right-hander Justin Verlander — apparently encountered some childish behavior Saturday during Game 6 of the ALCS at Boston’s Fenway Park. Ben sent this from his personal Twitter account near the end of the game, a little while after Red Sox outfielder Shane Victorino put the home team ahead for good with his spectacular seventh-inning four-run blast:
The way these fans are acting towards our family section is despicable. #Classless
— Ben Verlander (@Verly32) October 20, 2013
The meatheads at Barstool Sports say Ben should “stop being such a chick.” How sweet.
Ben and Justin Verlander versus a couple of tools who sell t-shirts. That’d be a quick fight.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 9
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 163
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 31
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (163)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)