Oct 20, 2013, 10:03 AM EDT
Seems like we get one of these every other series.
Ben Verlander — the younger brother of Tigers right-hander Justin Verlander — apparently encountered some childish behavior Saturday during Game 6 of the ALCS at Boston’s Fenway Park. Ben sent this from his personal Twitter account near the end of the game, a little while after Red Sox outfielder Shane Victorino put the home team ahead for good with his spectacular seventh-inning four-run blast:
The way these fans are acting towards our family section is despicable. #Classless
— Ben Verlander (@Verly32) October 20, 2013
The meatheads at Barstool Sports say Ben should “stop being such a chick.” How sweet.
Ben and Justin Verlander versus a couple of tools who sell t-shirts. That’d be a quick fight.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 93
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (98)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)