Oct 20, 2013, 10:03 AM EDT
Seems like we get one of these every other series.
Ben Verlander — the younger brother of Tigers right-hander Justin Verlander — apparently encountered some childish behavior Saturday during Game 6 of the ALCS at Boston’s Fenway Park. Ben sent this from his personal Twitter account near the end of the game, a little while after Red Sox outfielder Shane Victorino put the home team ahead for good with his spectacular seventh-inning four-run blast:
The way these fans are acting towards our family section is despicable. #Classless
— Ben Verlander (@Verly32) October 20, 2013
The meatheads at Barstool Sports say Ben should “stop being such a chick.” How sweet.
Ben and Justin Verlander versus a couple of tools who sell t-shirts. That’d be a quick fight.
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 30
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 35
- Who really owns a home run ball? 60
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 128
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (128)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)