Oct 20, 2013, 10:03 AM EDT
Seems like we get one of these every other series.
Ben Verlander — the younger brother of Tigers right-hander Justin Verlander — apparently encountered some childish behavior Saturday during Game 6 of the ALCS at Boston’s Fenway Park. Ben sent this from his personal Twitter account near the end of the game, a little while after Red Sox outfielder Shane Victorino put the home team ahead for good with his spectacular seventh-inning four-run blast:
The way these fans are acting towards our family section is despicable. #Classless
— Ben Verlander (@Verly32) October 20, 2013
The meatheads at Barstool Sports say Ben should “stop being such a chick.” How sweet.
Ben and Justin Verlander versus a couple of tools who sell t-shirts. That’d be a quick fight.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 3
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 39
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 23
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)