Oct 20, 2013, 11:28 PM EST
Domonic Brown plays in Philadelphia, home to what many in the media — and many athletes who have played there — say are the harshest fans in sports. Brown knows this first-hand as a once-heralded top prospect who turned into a near-bust. His defensive miscues in the outfield and a perceived lackadaisical nature have already turned some Phillies fans against him.
He was on the receiving end of some particularly nasty messages on the Internet today when he cheered for the Dallas Cowboys, the Eagles’ bitter NFC East rival who beat them 17-3 at Lincoln Financial Field this afternoon. Brown posted this Tweet with the picture, also posted to his Instagram earlier:
A smattering of some of the accepting responses he received:
If Brown checks his Twitter at all, he would have seen the hate pouring in. So his next tweet was either naive or a deliberate attempt at trolling. I’m going with the latter.
Go boys pic.twitter.com/ap6JWBpDzk
— Domonic Brown (@dom9brown) October 21, 2013
Domonic Brown, doing the Lord’s work by trolling the Philly Twitter and Instagram.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 0
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 16
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (112)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)