Oct 20, 2013, 11:28 PM EDT
Domonic Brown plays in Philadelphia, home to what many in the media — and many athletes who have played there — say are the harshest fans in sports. Brown knows this first-hand as a once-heralded top prospect who turned into a near-bust. His defensive miscues in the outfield and a perceived lackadaisical nature have already turned some Phillies fans against him.
He was on the receiving end of some particularly nasty messages on the Internet today when he cheered for the Dallas Cowboys, the Eagles’ bitter NFC East rival who beat them 17-3 at Lincoln Financial Field this afternoon. Brown posted this Tweet with the picture, also posted to his Instagram earlier:
A smattering of some of the accepting responses he received:
If Brown checks his Twitter at all, he would have seen the hate pouring in. So his next tweet was either naive or a deliberate attempt at trolling. I’m going with the latter.
Go boys pic.twitter.com/ap6JWBpDzk
— Domonic Brown (@dom9brown) October 21, 2013
Domonic Brown, doing the Lord’s work by trolling the Philly Twitter and Instagram.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 12
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)