Oct 20, 2013, 11:28 PM EDT
Domonic Brown plays in Philadelphia, home to what many in the media — and many athletes who have played there — say are the harshest fans in sports. Brown knows this first-hand as a once-heralded top prospect who turned into a near-bust. His defensive miscues in the outfield and a perceived lackadaisical nature have already turned some Phillies fans against him.
He was on the receiving end of some particularly nasty messages on the Internet today when he cheered for the Dallas Cowboys, the Eagles’ bitter NFC East rival who beat them 17-3 at Lincoln Financial Field this afternoon. Brown posted this Tweet with the picture, also posted to his Instagram earlier:
A smattering of some of the accepting responses he received:
If Brown checks his Twitter at all, he would have seen the hate pouring in. So his next tweet was either naive or a deliberate attempt at trolling. I’m going with the latter.
Go boys pic.twitter.com/ap6JWBpDzk
— Domonic Brown (@dom9brown) October 21, 2013
Domonic Brown, doing the Lord’s work by trolling the Philly Twitter and Instagram.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 9
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 49
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 108
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (108)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (86)