Oct 20, 2013, 11:28 PM EDT
Domonic Brown plays in Philadelphia, home to what many in the media — and many athletes who have played there — say are the harshest fans in sports. Brown knows this first-hand as a once-heralded top prospect who turned into a near-bust. His defensive miscues in the outfield and a perceived lackadaisical nature have already turned some Phillies fans against him.
He was on the receiving end of some particularly nasty messages on the Internet today when he cheered for the Dallas Cowboys, the Eagles’ bitter NFC East rival who beat them 17-3 at Lincoln Financial Field this afternoon. Brown posted this Tweet with the picture, also posted to his Instagram earlier:
A smattering of some of the accepting responses he received:
If Brown checks his Twitter at all, he would have seen the hate pouring in. So his next tweet was either naive or a deliberate attempt at trolling. I’m going with the latter.
Go boys pic.twitter.com/ap6JWBpDzk
— Domonic Brown (@dom9brown) October 21, 2013
Domonic Brown, doing the Lord’s work by trolling the Philly Twitter and Instagram.
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 16
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 26
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)