Oct 20, 2013, 11:28 PM EDT
Domonic Brown plays in Philadelphia, home to what many in the media — and many athletes who have played there — say are the harshest fans in sports. Brown knows this first-hand as a once-heralded top prospect who turned into a near-bust. His defensive miscues in the outfield and a perceived lackadaisical nature have already turned some Phillies fans against him.
He was on the receiving end of some particularly nasty messages on the Internet today when he cheered for the Dallas Cowboys, the Eagles’ bitter NFC East rival who beat them 17-3 at Lincoln Financial Field this afternoon. Brown posted this Tweet with the picture, also posted to his Instagram earlier:
A smattering of some of the accepting responses he received:
If Brown checks his Twitter at all, he would have seen the hate pouring in. So his next tweet was either naive or a deliberate attempt at trolling. I’m going with the latter.
Go boys pic.twitter.com/ap6JWBpDzk
— Domonic Brown (@dom9brown) October 21, 2013
Domonic Brown, doing the Lord’s work by trolling the Philly Twitter and Instagram.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 82
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)