Oct 21, 2013, 12:37 PM EDT
Everyone who watched a Tigers game from late August on could tell that Miguel Cabrera wasn’t the same. His initial injury was to his groin, which occurred while sliding into second base. There may or may not have been compensation injuries after that — the Tigers were pretty cagey about his health as the season wound down — but it was clear that he wasn’t right.
He may have been more wrong than we knew:
Miguel Cabrera may need surgery to repair his groin injury.
— Chris Iott (@Chris_Iott) October 21, 2013
Injuries happen to every team and the Red Sox had bumps and bruises too. You have to wonder, though, if the ALCS goes any differently if the Tigers have a healthy Miguel Cabrera.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 23
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 30
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)