Oct 21, 2013, 12:37 PM EDT
Everyone who watched a Tigers game from late August on could tell that Miguel Cabrera wasn’t the same. His initial injury was to his groin, which occurred while sliding into second base. There may or may not have been compensation injuries after that — the Tigers were pretty cagey about his health as the season wound down — but it was clear that he wasn’t right.
He may have been more wrong than we knew:
Miguel Cabrera may need surgery to repair his groin injury.
— Chris Iott (@Chris_Iott) October 21, 2013
Injuries happen to every team and the Red Sox had bumps and bruises too. You have to wonder, though, if the ALCS goes any differently if the Tigers have a healthy Miguel Cabrera.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 5
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 29
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 68
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)