Oct 21, 2013, 12:37 PM EST
Everyone who watched a Tigers game from late August on could tell that Miguel Cabrera wasn’t the same. His initial injury was to his groin, which occurred while sliding into second base. There may or may not have been compensation injuries after that — the Tigers were pretty cagey about his health as the season wound down — but it was clear that he wasn’t right.
He may have been more wrong than we knew:
Miguel Cabrera may need surgery to repair his groin injury.
— Chris Iott (@Chris_Iott) October 21, 2013
Injuries happen to every team and the Red Sox had bumps and bruises too. You have to wonder, though, if the ALCS goes any differently if the Tigers have a healthy Miguel Cabrera.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 29
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)