Oct 21, 2013, 12:37 PM EDT
Everyone who watched a Tigers game from late August on could tell that Miguel Cabrera wasn’t the same. His initial injury was to his groin, which occurred while sliding into second base. There may or may not have been compensation injuries after that — the Tigers were pretty cagey about his health as the season wound down — but it was clear that he wasn’t right.
He may have been more wrong than we knew:
Miguel Cabrera may need surgery to repair his groin injury.
— Chris Iott (@Chris_Iott) October 21, 2013
Injuries happen to every team and the Red Sox had bumps and bruises too. You have to wonder, though, if the ALCS goes any differently if the Tigers have a healthy Miguel Cabrera.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)