Oct 21, 2013, 12:37 PM EDT
Everyone who watched a Tigers game from late August on could tell that Miguel Cabrera wasn’t the same. His initial injury was to his groin, which occurred while sliding into second base. There may or may not have been compensation injuries after that — the Tigers were pretty cagey about his health as the season wound down — but it was clear that he wasn’t right.
He may have been more wrong than we knew:
Miguel Cabrera may need surgery to repair his groin injury.
— Chris Iott (@Chris_Iott) October 21, 2013
Injuries happen to every team and the Red Sox had bumps and bruises too. You have to wonder, though, if the ALCS goes any differently if the Tigers have a healthy Miguel Cabrera.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 14
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 47
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)