Oct 21, 2013, 12:48 PM EST
OK, so she doesn’t have anything to do with Boston, but Mary J. Blige is great and she’s singing the National Anthem for Game 1 at Fenway Park on Wednesday night. What, you wanted another reality show contestant?
MJB is one of the all-time great voices and just an all-around badass for like 20 years now. For instance, here’s Mary J. and Method Man dueting from 1995 (NSFW, probably):
I was 12 when I first heard that song. I miss my childhood.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 6
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 11
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 254
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (254)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)