Oct 21, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
As HBT’s resident degenerate I feel it’s my duty to pass along the gambling odds for the World Series.
Boston is a -140 favorite, which means you’d have to risk $140 to win $100 on the Red Sox becoming champions. On the flip side, St. Louis is a +120 underdog, which means risking $100 would win you $120 if the Cardinals win the title.
In terms of break-even win rates, those lines equal 58 percent for the Red Sox and 46 percent for the Cardinals. So, while not quite a coin flip, it’s pretty damn close.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 88
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 15
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 35
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 40
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (186)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)