Oct 21, 2013, 10:08 PM EDT
It came as no surprise when Red Sox manager John Farrell announced this afternoon that Jon Lester will start Game 1 of the World Series against the Cardinals on Wednesday, but there could be a change in store for Game 2.
While Clay Buchholz started Game 2 of the ALCS against the Tigers, Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com writes that “all indications are” the Red Sox will go with John Lackey for Game 2 of the Fall Classic. Lackey started Game 2 during the ALDS against the Rays, but he was pushed back to Game 3 for the ALCS.
Lackey tossed 6 2/3 scoreless innings in his ALCS start and has thrived at Fenway Park all season, so it’s understandable why Farrell is considering switching things up. The Cardinals haven’t made their Game 2 starter official yet either, but NLCS MVP Michael Wacha is expected to get the call.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 0
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 118
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 71
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (118)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)