Oct 21, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
No surprise, as Lester started Game 1 of the ALDS versus Tampa Bay and Game 1 of the ALCS versus Detroit. Overall this postseason the left-hander has started three times with a 2.33 ERA and 14/7 K/BB ratio in 19.1 innings.
Earlier today I attempted to figure out whether the Red Sox or Cardinals have the World Series pitching edge and … well, it’s damn close. One thing that seems pretty clear to me is that Wainwright is the best starter in the series, so Lester’s performance against him in Game 1 (and possibly later in the series too) is a huge factor.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)