Oct 21, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
No surprise, as Lester started Game 1 of the ALDS versus Tampa Bay and Game 1 of the ALCS versus Detroit. Overall this postseason the left-hander has started three times with a 2.33 ERA and 14/7 K/BB ratio in 19.1 innings.
Earlier today I attempted to figure out whether the Red Sox or Cardinals have the World Series pitching edge and … well, it’s damn close. One thing that seems pretty clear to me is that Wainwright is the best starter in the series, so Lester’s performance against him in Game 1 (and possibly later in the series too) is a huge factor.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)