Oct 21, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
No surprise, as Lester started Game 1 of the ALDS versus Tampa Bay and Game 1 of the ALCS versus Detroit. Overall this postseason the left-hander has started three times with a 2.33 ERA and 14/7 K/BB ratio in 19.1 innings.
Earlier today I attempted to figure out whether the Red Sox or Cardinals have the World Series pitching edge and … well, it’s damn close. One thing that seems pretty clear to me is that Wainwright is the best starter in the series, so Lester’s performance against him in Game 1 (and possibly later in the series too) is a huge factor.
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 14
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 36
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 18
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 20
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)