Oct 21, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
No surprise, as Lester started Game 1 of the ALDS versus Tampa Bay and Game 1 of the ALCS versus Detroit. Overall this postseason the left-hander has started three times with a 2.33 ERA and 14/7 K/BB ratio in 19.1 innings.
Earlier today I attempted to figure out whether the Red Sox or Cardinals have the World Series pitching edge and … well, it’s damn close. One thing that seems pretty clear to me is that Wainwright is the best starter in the series, so Lester’s performance against him in Game 1 (and possibly later in the series too) is a huge factor.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)