Oct 21, 2013, 9:31 AM EDT
The Blue Jays once traded for Angels catcher Mike Napoli. Then four days later they got rid of him. Maybe seeing Napoli help two teams to the World Series since then has them trying for a do-over. Here’s Bob Elliott of the Toronto Sun:
Yes, the Blue Jays need starting pitching. Yet, that’s not the only area they are searching to improve on for next season. The Jays also are attempting to acquire a catcher from the Los Angeles Angels. Toronto has targeted either Chris Iannetta or Hank Conger, according to those familiar with the Jays’ plans.
I imagine current Jays catcher J.P. Arencibia would be interested to learn this. But it’s also possible that the news would blow right by him and hit the backstop once it came his way.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)