Oct 21, 2013, 7:50 AM EDT
Emma Span of Sports on Earth puts voice to what all of us where thinking when all of those playoff commercials kept cycling over ad over again. The fact that she can describe one like this . . .:
it’s about bestiality and the end of a relationship with a sociopath.
. . . and you know which one it is immediately tells us (a) that there is something very, very wrong on Madison Avenue these days; and (b) even if wrong, they are at least doing a good job of making this stuff stick in our minds, so: well done, Madison Avenue.
And I had no idea that John Cusack was the voice for that Chevy truck commercial. Kinda blew my mind there.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)