Oct 21, 2013, 7:50 AM EDT
Emma Span of Sports on Earth puts voice to what all of us where thinking when all of those playoff commercials kept cycling over ad over again. The fact that she can describe one like this . . .:
it’s about bestiality and the end of a relationship with a sociopath.
. . . and you know which one it is immediately tells us (a) that there is something very, very wrong on Madison Avenue these days; and (b) even if wrong, they are at least doing a good job of making this stuff stick in our minds, so: well done, Madison Avenue.
And I had no idea that John Cusack was the voice for that Chevy truck commercial. Kinda blew my mind there.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)