Oct 21, 2013, 7:50 AM EDT
Emma Span of Sports on Earth puts voice to what all of us where thinking when all of those playoff commercials kept cycling over ad over again. The fact that she can describe one like this . . .:
it’s about bestiality and the end of a relationship with a sociopath.
. . . and you know which one it is immediately tells us (a) that there is something very, very wrong on Madison Avenue these days; and (b) even if wrong, they are at least doing a good job of making this stuff stick in our minds, so: well done, Madison Avenue.
And I had no idea that John Cusack was the voice for that Chevy truck commercial. Kinda blew my mind there.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 221
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (221)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)