Oct 22, 2013, 3:05 PM EDT
Need a DH? Don’t mind spending $20 million for a guy whose best years are likely behind him? Call Dayton Moore today:
Royals ready to talk about Billy Butler deal for teams that would take on DH owed $8 million in ’14, $12m in 2015.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) October 22, 2013
Butler is coming off his worst season, in which he hit .289/.374/.412. That’s still useful, particularly in the OBP department, but that’s a lot of money to pay for a guy with no defensive value.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 71
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 216
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (216)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)