Oct 22, 2013, 3:05 PM EST
Need a DH? Don’t mind spending $20 million for a guy whose best years are likely behind him? Call Dayton Moore today:
Royals ready to talk about Billy Butler deal for teams that would take on DH owed $8 million in ’14, $12m in 2015.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) October 22, 2013
Butler is coming off his worst season, in which he hit .289/.374/.412. That’s still useful, particularly in the OBP department, but that’s a lot of money to pay for a guy with no defensive value.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 276
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (276)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)