Oct 22, 2013, 3:05 PM EDT
Need a DH? Don’t mind spending $20 million for a guy whose best years are likely behind him? Call Dayton Moore today:
Royals ready to talk about Billy Butler deal for teams that would take on DH owed $8 million in ’14, $12m in 2015.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) October 22, 2013
Butler is coming off his worst season, in which he hit .289/.374/.412. That’s still useful, particularly in the OBP department, but that’s a lot of money to pay for a guy with no defensive value.
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 0
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 31
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 53
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 96
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)