Oct 22, 2013, 1:35 PM EDT
Over the weekend Domonic Brown enraged a bunch of Philly fans when he tweeted out pro-Cowboys messages and pics before the Eagles-Cowboys game. Today he went on 97.5 The Fanatic in Philadelphia to address this silly controversy. Brown:
I was just posting a pic. I grew up a Cowboys fan […] I’m not changing my NFL team because I play in Philadelphia … That’s the Philly love, though. That’s the reason why I love the city… because the fans are so passionate.
I just think this is the silliest thing. The same fans who — quite admirably, I’ll note — would never ever fail to root for their team no matter how hostile the environment they found themselves in are upset that a guy is sticking with his fan allegiance. As if these guys, if transferred to an office in New York, would suddenly become Mets fans or something out of some weird obligation to support local teams, no matter what.
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 6
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 7
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)