Oct 22, 2013, 1:35 PM EST
Over the weekend Domonic Brown enraged a bunch of Philly fans when he tweeted out pro-Cowboys messages and pics before the Eagles-Cowboys game. Today he went on 97.5 The Fanatic in Philadelphia to address this silly controversy. Brown:
I was just posting a pic. I grew up a Cowboys fan [...] I’m not changing my NFL team because I play in Philadelphia … That’s the Philly love, though. That’s the reason why I love the city… because the fans are so passionate.
I just think this is the silliest thing. The same fans who — quite admirably, I’ll note — would never ever fail to root for their team no matter how hostile the environment they found themselves in are upset that a guy is sticking with his fan allegiance. As if these guys, if transferred to an office in New York, would suddenly become Mets fans or something out of some weird obligation to support local teams, no matter what.
- Report: Mariners break off talks with Robinson Cano after Jay Z “overplayed his hand” 64
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 86
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (99)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (86)