Oct 22, 2013, 1:35 PM EDT
Over the weekend Domonic Brown enraged a bunch of Philly fans when he tweeted out pro-Cowboys messages and pics before the Eagles-Cowboys game. Today he went on 97.5 The Fanatic in Philadelphia to address this silly controversy. Brown:
I was just posting a pic. I grew up a Cowboys fan [...] I’m not changing my NFL team because I play in Philadelphia … That’s the Philly love, though. That’s the reason why I love the city… because the fans are so passionate.
I just think this is the silliest thing. The same fans who — quite admirably, I’ll note — would never ever fail to root for their team no matter how hostile the environment they found themselves in are upset that a guy is sticking with his fan allegiance. As if these guys, if transferred to an office in New York, would suddenly become Mets fans or something out of some weird obligation to support local teams, no matter what.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17