Oct 22, 2013, 1:35 PM EDT
Over the weekend Domonic Brown enraged a bunch of Philly fans when he tweeted out pro-Cowboys messages and pics before the Eagles-Cowboys game. Today he went on 97.5 The Fanatic in Philadelphia to address this silly controversy. Brown:
I was just posting a pic. I grew up a Cowboys fan [...] I’m not changing my NFL team because I play in Philadelphia … That’s the Philly love, though. That’s the reason why I love the city… because the fans are so passionate.
I just think this is the silliest thing. The same fans who — quite admirably, I’ll note — would never ever fail to root for their team no matter how hostile the environment they found themselves in are upset that a guy is sticking with his fan allegiance. As if these guys, if transferred to an office in New York, would suddenly become Mets fans or something out of some weird obligation to support local teams, no matter what.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59