Kanye West rented out AT&T Park to propose to Kim Kardashian

Oct 22, 2013, 7:44 AM EDT

Kanye West, Kim Kardashian

If you ever considered proposing to your beloved on the scoreboard at a ballgame, well, I feel sorry for her. But if we were to imagine a world in which that was anything but tacky and annoying, Kanye just totally trumped you, dude:

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are engaged, reports E! Online. West popped the question at AT&T Park in San Francisco. The baseball stadium was rented out by West for the occasion.

I predict nothing but happiness for these two. Like other famous couples who came together at AT&T Park. Such as Jeff Kent and Barry Bonds. Or Buster Posey and Scott Cousins.

1. thebadguyswon - Oct 22, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Just what every man wants. A fiance who’s vagina is a turnstile. Congrats!

• stex52 - Oct 22, 2013 at 8:46 AM

There’s an image I really didn’t want in my head today.

But it’s hard to argue your point.

• philliesblow - Oct 22, 2013 at 9:43 AM

She’s a female Jeter, sans the gift baskets.

• blabidibla - Oct 22, 2013 at 11:25 AM

And I’m sure Kanye’s genitalia are equally abused. But he’s a man, so it’s different, right?

• Reflex - Oct 22, 2013 at 12:34 PM

My thoughts exactly. I don’t see anyone pointing out that Kanye has quite the reputation of his own. Also, why the hell should any of us care? Going further, why do any of us assume that the stories are true rather than part of a carefully crafted media presentation meant to appeal to specific demographics? And why does it matter if they are true?

• stex52 - Oct 22, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Not really. I would think his fiancé would be concerned about his mileage, too. STD’s and all.

I am actually more revolted by the train wreck that is America’s obsession with all things Khardashian. It has a nice dovetail into the end of Western culture.

• Reflex - Oct 22, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Sure, if people were talking about two ‘sluts’ hooking up at least it would be equal opportunity labeling. Instead everyone is going on about her and ignoring his reputation. Lots of comments about her vagina, nothing about his dick.

Its called misogyny.

• stex52 - Oct 22, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Wow, Reflex! I think you’re on to something! More men on this site than women. Ergo, more interest in vaginas than penises. What a shocker!

• Reflex - Oct 22, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Failing to see your point stex52. What does the gender of the posters have to do with it? This was announced and immediately everyone piled onto KimK and ignored Kanye’s own rep. Why does the gender of those who did so matter?

• uwsptke - Oct 22, 2013 at 12:57 PM

If their child’s name is North West, does that make her vagina the Northwest Passage?

• thebadguyswon - Oct 22, 2013 at 4:56 PM

LOL

• donshula - Oct 22, 2013 at 11:35 PM

how much to de-skank the stadium?

2. vallewho - Oct 22, 2013 at 8:33 AM

3. justanothersportsjunkie - Oct 22, 2013 at 8:35 AM

When did Florio switch over to Hardballtalk to write national enquirer-esque (a.k.a. irrelevant) diatribe?

• Craig Calcaterra - Oct 22, 2013 at 8:54 AM

How long have you been reading this blog if you think this is some sort of change of tone from what we usually do? I think the first blog post I ever wrote back in 2007 was about Alyssa Milano.

• jm91rs - Oct 22, 2013 at 9:26 AM

More posts (with pictures) of Alyssa Milano please.

• Francisco (FC) - Oct 22, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I think the first blog post I ever wrote back in 2007 was about Alyssa Milano

You see THERE’s the problem. You’re posting about Kim Kardashian when you should REALLY be posting about Alyssa Milano.

• justanothersportsjunkie - Oct 22, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Apparently not long enough. Sorry Mike.

4. proudlycanadian - Oct 22, 2013 at 8:35 AM

YUCK!

5. fissels - Oct 22, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Wedded bliss for these two for sure

6. chacochicken - Oct 22, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Good news but you better act fast, Dusty Baker is available to officiate! He has always really respected Kanye’s work and thought Kim’s got really hard working hips. I would be a dream job for him.

7. irishdodger - Oct 22, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Who is Kanye West and Kim Kardashian?

• pisano - Oct 22, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Better yet, who cares who they are?

• donshula - Oct 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM

wish I could give more than one thumbs up on that comment,

• yahmule - Oct 22, 2013 at 9:48 AM

What passes for celebrities in the United States. I’m sure you have similar manky dossers in Ireland. People are endlessly fascinated by them over here.

• harleyace13 - Oct 22, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Kanye West likes fish sticks so Kanye is a gay fish (google it for the South Park episode)

8. titansbro - Oct 22, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Lol @ Kanye. Bro, every man knows you don’t go & try to make a h* a housewife.

9. jeffbbf - Oct 22, 2013 at 9:03 AM

tomorrow they’ll be complaining they don’t get enough privacy. Seriously, why did I read this? I’m just as bad as my People-reading wife. Meh. my bowels are protesting. Gotta go.

10. sincitybonobo - Oct 22, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Two maladjusted narcissists don’t often make great spouses- or parents. Good luck, North.

It’s been my observation that the best way not to attract a train wreck is not to be one. The antithesis is also true.

11. connormyboy - Oct 22, 2013 at 10:27 AM

what a waste of money

12. newpairofsox - Oct 22, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Ok, admit it. How many of you (like me) googled, “Why is Kim Kardashian famous?”

13. jonirocit - Oct 22, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Cool more money for the giants to not sign a bat

14. km9000 - Oct 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I hope JT Snow was around to swoop in and carry their kid off to safety.

15. Jonny 5 - Oct 22, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Maybe they’ll kill each other?

• indaburg - Oct 22, 2013 at 3:29 PM

I don’t like them either, but damn, jonny.

16. daubs17 - Oct 22, 2013 at 12:56 PM

The best is Calcaterra actually posting a comment admitting that this kind of crap is what is constantly posted on here. I used to come here for sports news, now between Florio and Calcaterra I get my daily dose of liberal drivel about racism, politics and society’s right to know/accept what professional athletes tendencies are in the bedroom. The only thing that keeps me coming back are the laughs from the comments section. Keep up the good work Craig…

17. kevinbnyc - Oct 22, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Here’s an unanswered question: Why would he do this at AT&T Park? Don’t they both live in LA?

18. sandrafluke2012 - Oct 22, 2013 at 2:16 PM

You’re trying to tell me he hasn’t had sex with any other girls besides Kim in the last year?

• Reflex - Oct 22, 2013 at 2:45 PM

No kidding, I’m surprised at all the concern for an innocent virgin like Kanye.

19. duranteangel - Oct 22, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Congratualtions!

• duranteangel - Oct 22, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Congratulations! (Typo)

20. indaburg - Oct 22, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I speed read occasionally, and the first thing I saw was “Kanye rents Kim Kardashian.” Wtf, HBT?

I guess this is peripheral baseball news since it happened at AT&T Park. The bigger the place you rent to propose to your sweetie, the bigger the love, right? Remember that, gentlemen.

Please World Series Cup start already and get the Kardashians off HBT. I thought this was my one refuge from that blight. I can’t even avoid them at the supermarket checkout line. Damn you, Craig! Damn you straight to heck.

21. peterjohnjoseph - Oct 22, 2013 at 4:25 PM

The only place big enough to house their huge egos at the same time..

After the proposal, to account for inflation, a quick back of napkin calculation says their egos could easily spill into the parking lot.

22. km9000 - Oct 22, 2013 at 10:49 PM

They have The Will To Wed, amiright? Huh?

23. rrsm53 - Oct 22, 2013 at 2:21 PM

why is this even sports worthy, who gives a rats ass what these two tools do. Get it off the sports site.

Final take away from World Series