Oct 22, 2013, 9:37 PM EST
As planned, Mets right-hander Matt Harvey underwent Tommy John reconstructive surgery Tuesday on his pitching elbow. Dr. James Andrews performed the procedure at The Andrews Institute for Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine in Florida.
Harvey will miss the entire 2014 season but should be back near his old self come Opening Day 2015.
The 24-year-old from Connecticut has registered a spectacular 2.39 ERA, 0.99 WHIP and 9.9 K/9 over his first 237 2/3 major league innings (36 starts).
Harvey will be arbitration-eligible for the first time heading into the 2016 campaign.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)