Oct 22, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
Earlier this month the Rangers fired Ron Washington’s bench coach, Jackie Moore, and the 74-year-old baseball lifer fired off some strong parting shots at the front office on the way out of Texas.
Now the Rangers have brought in Tim Bogar as his replacement, providing Washington with a new right-hand man and setting up the 47-year-old Bogar as the logical in-house candidate should Washington’s job status come into question even further next season.
Bogar has frequently been linked to various managerial openings in recent seasons and was the Red Sox’s bench coach in 2012 before managing at Double-A in the Angels’ farm system this year.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (360)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)