Oct 22, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Earlier this month the Rangers fired Ron Washington’s bench coach, Jackie Moore, and the 74-year-old baseball lifer fired off some strong parting shots at the front office on the way out of Texas.
Now the Rangers have brought in Tim Bogar as his replacement, providing Washington with a new right-hand man and setting up the 47-year-old Bogar as the logical in-house candidate should Washington’s job status come into question even further next season.
Bogar has frequently been linked to various managerial openings in recent seasons and was the Red Sox’s bench coach in 2012 before managing at Double-A in the Angels’ farm system this year.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)