Oct 22, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Earlier this month the Rangers fired Ron Washington’s bench coach, Jackie Moore, and the 74-year-old baseball lifer fired off some strong parting shots at the front office on the way out of Texas.
Now the Rangers have brought in Tim Bogar as his replacement, providing Washington with a new right-hand man and setting up the 47-year-old Bogar as the logical in-house candidate should Washington’s job status come into question even further next season.
Bogar has frequently been linked to various managerial openings in recent seasons and was the Red Sox’s bench coach in 2012 before managing at Double-A in the Angels’ farm system this year.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 25
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 83
- The Lester trade is a win-win 111
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 92
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (110)