Oct 22, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
Earlier this month the Rangers fired Ron Washington’s bench coach, Jackie Moore, and the 74-year-old baseball lifer fired off some strong parting shots at the front office on the way out of Texas.
Now the Rangers have brought in Tim Bogar as his replacement, providing Washington with a new right-hand man and setting up the 47-year-old Bogar as the logical in-house candidate should Washington’s job status come into question even further next season.
Bogar has frequently been linked to various managerial openings in recent seasons and was the Red Sox’s bench coach in 2012 before managing at Double-A in the Angels’ farm system this year.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)