Oct 22, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Earlier this month the Rangers fired Ron Washington’s bench coach, Jackie Moore, and the 74-year-old baseball lifer fired off some strong parting shots at the front office on the way out of Texas.
Now the Rangers have brought in Tim Bogar as his replacement, providing Washington with a new right-hand man and setting up the 47-year-old Bogar as the logical in-house candidate should Washington’s job status come into question even further next season.
Bogar has frequently been linked to various managerial openings in recent seasons and was the Red Sox’s bench coach in 2012 before managing at Double-A in the Angels’ farm system this year.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 24
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 83
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (85)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)