Oct 22, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
John Hirschbeck will lead the umpiring crew for the World Series, Major League Baseball just announced. Joining him will be Dana DeMuth, Jim Joyce, Paul Emmel, Bill Miller and Mark Wegner.
Hirschbeck — who skews a bit pitcher friendly — was the crew chief for the All-Star Game too. During this past season he had a couple of minor run-ins with youngsters Yasiel Puig and Bryce Harper. Fortunately, though, there are no untamed horses or undisciplined kids in this year’s World Series who need to be reminded of their place.
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 18
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 205
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 105
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 34
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (205)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)