Oct 22, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
John Hirschbeck will lead the umpiring crew for the World Series, Major League Baseball just announced. Joining him will be Dana DeMuth, Jim Joyce, Paul Emmel, Bill Miller and Mark Wegner.
Hirschbeck — who skews a bit pitcher friendly — was the crew chief for the All-Star Game too. During this past season he had a couple of minor run-ins with youngsters Yasiel Puig and Bryce Harper. Fortunately, though, there are no untamed horses or undisciplined kids in this year’s World Series who need to be reminded of their place.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 86
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)