Oct 23, 2013, 6:21 PM EDT
Michael Beschloss — who runs one of the best accounts on Twitter if you’re into historical documents and photographs — just posted this image of a program from the 1946 World Series on his Twitter feed:
That classic World Series featured two of the greatest hitters of all time — Stan Musial for the Cardinals, Ted Williams for the Red Sox — and went the distance, with St. Louis coming out on top in Game 7, 4-3. Let’s hope for another memorable showing this year between two of the most-storied franchises in MLB.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 33
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 31
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 45
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32