Oct 23, 2013, 6:21 PM EDT
Michael Beschloss — who runs one of the best accounts on Twitter if you’re into historical documents and photographs — just posted this image of a program from the 1946 World Series on his Twitter feed:
That classic World Series featured two of the greatest hitters of all time — Stan Musial for the Cardinals, Ted Williams for the Red Sox — and went the distance, with St. Louis coming out on top in Game 7, 4-3. Let’s hope for another memorable showing this year between two of the most-storied franchises in MLB.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (80)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (75)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (73)