Derek Holland is in the “Dumb and Dumber” sequel

Oct 23, 2013, 1:40 PM EDT

Rangers left-hander Derek Holland is a big fan of the original “Dumb and Dumber” movie and apparently the Farrelly Brothers invited him to be in the upcoming sequel “Dumb and Dumber To.”

Here’s a picture of Holland and Jim Carrey on the set:

Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas notes that Holland got the gig after he made an appearance in the MLB Fan Cave wearing tuxedos to reenact a scene from the original movie. Within the past year Holland also got kicked out of a Counting Crows concert and did approximately 1,000 impressions of Harry Caray, so he’s … I dunno, let’s say interesting.

1. beefytrout - Oct 23, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Derek Holland was 7 when the original came out. It’s always nice when the young ones appreciate the classics.

• paperlions - Oct 23, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Plus, you know….7 yr olds was the target audience for that movie.

2. rollinghighwayblues - Oct 23, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I saw Holland a little over a week ago at Cowboys vs. Redskins in Arlington. He was walking around the concourse alone, dressed in an Emmitt Smith jersey and backwards hat.

I also ran into “The Kolache Kid” aka Scott Podsednik and his former playmate wife at Gruene Hall this past Saturday.

I know, I know, hold your applause, don’t make me blush, I know I rub elbows with the fringe talent of Major League Baseball. No big deal.

• sandrafluke2012 - Oct 23, 2013 at 2:33 PM

how is holland fringe

• rollinghighwayblues - Oct 23, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I was being subjective, I apologize. Personally, I think he’s a douchebag.

• kevinbnyc - Oct 23, 2013 at 3:31 PM

He’s got that bush league mustache, for one.

• sandrafluke2012 - Oct 23, 2013 at 2:47 PM

jealous hater in the house

• rollinghighwayblues - Oct 23, 2013 at 2:56 PM

So jealous.

3. thebadguyswon - Oct 23, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I thought the sequel was off? Its back on?! Dead parakeets for everyone!!!

4. sandrafluke2012 - Oct 23, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Funniest movie ever. fact

5. lyon810 - Oct 23, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Deeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrp!

All the trade deadline news to know