Oct 23, 2013, 12:46 PM EST
Seattle might be looking to poach a new manager from a division rival, as Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that the Mariners are interviewing A’s bench coach Chip Hale today as a potential replacement for Eric Wedge.
Hale has coached on Bob Melvin’s staffs in both Arizona and Oakland, and also managed at Triple-A for the Diamondbacks. He’s been a candidate for a few jobs in recent years, including the Mets before they chose Terry Collins.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (129)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)