Oct 23, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Seattle might be looking to poach a new manager from a division rival, as Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that the Mariners are interviewing A’s bench coach Chip Hale today as a potential replacement for Eric Wedge.
Hale has coached on Bob Melvin’s staffs in both Arizona and Oakland, and also managed at Triple-A for the Diamondbacks. He’s been a candidate for a few jobs in recent years, including the Mets before they chose Terry Collins.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 23
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 38
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 42
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 19
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)