Oct 23, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Seattle might be looking to poach a new manager from a division rival, as Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that the Mariners are interviewing A’s bench coach Chip Hale today as a potential replacement for Eric Wedge.
Hale has coached on Bob Melvin’s staffs in both Arizona and Oakland, and also managed at Triple-A for the Diamondbacks. He’s been a candidate for a few jobs in recent years, including the Mets before they chose Terry Collins.
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president, Al Avila takes over 0
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 28
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 22
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 89
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)