Oct 23, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Seattle might be looking to poach a new manager from a division rival, as Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that the Mariners are interviewing A’s bench coach Chip Hale today as a potential replacement for Eric Wedge.
Hale has coached on Bob Melvin’s staffs in both Arizona and Oakland, and also managed at Triple-A for the Diamondbacks. He’s been a candidate for a few jobs in recent years, including the Mets before they chose Terry Collins.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 21
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 20
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 43
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 32
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 23
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)