Oct 23, 2013, 2:46 PM EDT
I think a lot of people take sports too seriously. But there is taking sports seriously and then there is just being a nut job:
West Haven police have arrested a local man accused of Tweeting threats toward executives, players and coaches of the New York Mets, along with a specific threat to Citi Field, police said. Police arrested Aryn Leroux, 42, of 173 Contact Drive in West Haven today on an outstanding warrant.
Apparently his Twitter name was some variation of “Dan Tanna” or “Tanna” though I couldn’t find his account. I’m sure some of you Mets fans know him, as he appears to have been rather infamous in those circles.
Gotta love an Internet tough guy.
UPDATE: Here he is, with some of the offending tweets:
— Barrister (@theycallmedubs) October 23, 2013
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 7
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 9
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 54
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (110)