Oct 23, 2013, 2:46 PM EST
I think a lot of people take sports too seriously. But there is taking sports seriously and then there is just being a nut job:
West Haven police have arrested a local man accused of Tweeting threats toward executives, players and coaches of the New York Mets, along with a specific threat to Citi Field, police said. Police arrested Aryn Leroux, 42, of 173 Contact Drive in West Haven today on an outstanding warrant.
Apparently his Twitter name was some variation of “Dan Tanna” or “Tanna” though I couldn’t find his account. I’m sure some of you Mets fans know him, as he appears to have been rather infamous in those circles.
Gotta love an Internet tough guy.
UPDATE: Here he is, with some of the offending tweets:
— Barrister (@theycallmedubs) October 23, 2013
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)