Oct 23, 2013, 2:46 PM EST
I think a lot of people take sports too seriously. But there is taking sports seriously and then there is just being a nut job:
West Haven police have arrested a local man accused of Tweeting threats toward executives, players and coaches of the New York Mets, along with a specific threat to Citi Field, police said. Police arrested Aryn Leroux, 42, of 173 Contact Drive in West Haven today on an outstanding warrant.
Apparently his Twitter name was some variation of “Dan Tanna” or “Tanna” though I couldn’t find his account. I’m sure some of you Mets fans know him, as he appears to have been rather infamous in those circles.
Gotta love an Internet tough guy.
UPDATE: Here he is, with some of the offending tweets:
— Barrister (@theycallmedubs) October 23, 2013
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)