Oct 23, 2013, 2:46 PM EDT
I think a lot of people take sports too seriously. But there is taking sports seriously and then there is just being a nut job:
West Haven police have arrested a local man accused of Tweeting threats toward executives, players and coaches of the New York Mets, along with a specific threat to Citi Field, police said. Police arrested Aryn Leroux, 42, of 173 Contact Drive in West Haven today on an outstanding warrant.
Apparently his Twitter name was some variation of “Dan Tanna” or “Tanna” though I couldn’t find his account. I’m sure some of you Mets fans know him, as he appears to have been rather infamous in those circles.
Gotta love an Internet tough guy.
UPDATE: Here he is, with some of the offending tweets:
— Barrister (@theycallmedubs) October 23, 2013
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)