Oct 23, 2013, 2:46 PM EST
I think a lot of people take sports too seriously. But there is taking sports seriously and then there is just being a nut job:
West Haven police have arrested a local man accused of Tweeting threats toward executives, players and coaches of the New York Mets, along with a specific threat to Citi Field, police said. Police arrested Aryn Leroux, 42, of 173 Contact Drive in West Haven today on an outstanding warrant.
Apparently his Twitter name was some variation of “Dan Tanna” or “Tanna” though I couldn’t find his account. I’m sure some of you Mets fans know him, as he appears to have been rather infamous in those circles.
Gotta love an Internet tough guy.
UPDATE: Here he is, with some of the offending tweets:
— Barrister (@theycallmedubs) October 23, 2013
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 6
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)