Oct 23, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
By a relatively slim margin Boston is favored over St. Louis to win the World Series and the difference between the two teams according to the Game 1 betting line is even smaller.
Las Vegas has Jon Lester and the Red Sox as -120 favorites tonight, which means you’d have to risk $120 to win $100 on Boston winning at Fenway Park. That carries a break-even win rate of 54 percent, so basically it’s a coin flip that leans toward homefield advantage.
Meanwhile, the Cardinals are +110 underdogs, so a $100 bet would win $110. None of which is shocking, of course, although with Adam Wainwright on the mound I might lean ever so slightly toward St. Louis in Game 1.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 33
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 28
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 45
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)