Oct 23, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
By a relatively slim margin Boston is favored over St. Louis to win the World Series and the difference between the two teams according to the Game 1 betting line is even smaller.
Las Vegas has Jon Lester and the Red Sox as -120 favorites tonight, which means you’d have to risk $120 to win $100 on Boston winning at Fenway Park. That carries a break-even win rate of 54 percent, so basically it’s a coin flip that leans toward homefield advantage.
Meanwhile, the Cardinals are +110 underdogs, so a $100 bet would win $110. None of which is shocking, of course, although with Adam Wainwright on the mound I might lean ever so slightly toward St. Louis in Game 1.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (105)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)