Oct 23, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
By a relatively slim margin Boston is favored over St. Louis to win the World Series and the difference between the two teams according to the Game 1 betting line is even smaller.
Las Vegas has Jon Lester and the Red Sox as -120 favorites tonight, which means you’d have to risk $120 to win $100 on Boston winning at Fenway Park. That carries a break-even win rate of 54 percent, so basically it’s a coin flip that leans toward homefield advantage.
Meanwhile, the Cardinals are +110 underdogs, so a $100 bet would win $110. None of which is shocking, of course, although with Adam Wainwright on the mound I might lean ever so slightly toward St. Louis in Game 1.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)