Oct 23, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
By a relatively slim margin Boston is favored over St. Louis to win the World Series and the difference between the two teams according to the Game 1 betting line is even smaller.
Las Vegas has Jon Lester and the Red Sox as -120 favorites tonight, which means you’d have to risk $120 to win $100 on Boston winning at Fenway Park. That carries a break-even win rate of 54 percent, so basically it’s a coin flip that leans toward homefield advantage.
Meanwhile, the Cardinals are +110 underdogs, so a $100 bet would win $110. None of which is shocking, of course, although with Adam Wainwright on the mound I might lean ever so slightly toward St. Louis in Game 1.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 0
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)