Oct 24, 2013, 9:16 PM EDT
The Cardinals have their first lead of the 2013 World Series.
After St. Louis was held scoreless through the first three innings tonight by John Lackey, Matt Holliday led off the top of the fourth inning by hitting a ball to the right-center field gap. The ball deflected off the wall and rolled along the warning track toward center field, which allowed Holliday to scamper all the way to third base. After Matt Adams was robbed of a hit on a diving catch by Dustin Pedroia, Yadier Molina knocked in Holliday with an infield ground out to get the Cards on the board.
Michael Wacha will head back to the mound in the bottom of the fourth with a 1-0 lead.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)