Oct 24, 2013, 9:16 PM EST
The Cardinals have their first lead of the 2013 World Series.
After St. Louis was held scoreless through the first three innings tonight by John Lackey, Matt Holliday led off the top of the fourth inning by hitting a ball to the right-center field gap. The ball deflected off the wall and rolled along the warning track toward center field, which allowed Holliday to scamper all the way to third base. After Matt Adams was robbed of a hit on a diving catch by Dustin Pedroia, Yadier Molina knocked in Holliday with an infield ground out to get the Cards on the board.
Michael Wacha will head back to the mound in the bottom of the fourth with a 1-0 lead.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 287
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (288)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)