Oct 24, 2013, 9:16 PM EDT
The Cardinals have their first lead of the 2013 World Series.
After St. Louis was held scoreless through the first three innings tonight by John Lackey, Matt Holliday led off the top of the fourth inning by hitting a ball to the right-center field gap. The ball deflected off the wall and rolled along the warning track toward center field, which allowed Holliday to scamper all the way to third base. After Matt Adams was robbed of a hit on a diving catch by Dustin Pedroia, Yadier Molina knocked in Holliday with an infield ground out to get the Cards on the board.
Michael Wacha will head back to the mound in the bottom of the fourth with a 1-0 lead.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 54
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 65
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)