Oct 24, 2013, 2:01 PM EST
The X-Rays were negative, but as of early this afternoon Carlos Beltran remains a game time decision to play tonight. Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch doubts he’ll play.
It stinks that the one thing that went right for the Cardinals last night — Beltran catching what would have been a grand slam, and injuring his ribs in the process — could potentially harm them more in this World Series than all of their silly goofups in Game 1. Those all ceased to matter last night. Beltran being out or diminished could cost them multiple games.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 15
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)