Oct 24, 2013, 2:01 PM EDT
The X-Rays were negative, but as of early this afternoon Carlos Beltran remains a game time decision to play tonight. Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch doubts he’ll play.
It stinks that the one thing that went right for the Cardinals last night — Beltran catching what would have been a grand slam, and injuring his ribs in the process — could potentially harm them more in this World Series than all of their silly goofups in Game 1. Those all ceased to matter last night. Beltran being out or diminished could cost them multiple games.
- Who really owns a home run ball? 56
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 127
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Ryan Zimmerman is Mr. Walk-Off (and the numbers to prove it) 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)