Oct 24, 2013, 2:01 PM EDT
The X-Rays were negative, but as of early this afternoon Carlos Beltran remains a game time decision to play tonight. Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch doubts he’ll play.
It stinks that the one thing that went right for the Cardinals last night — Beltran catching what would have been a grand slam, and injuring his ribs in the process — could potentially harm them more in this World Series than all of their silly goofups in Game 1. Those all ceased to matter last night. Beltran being out or diminished could cost them multiple games.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 61
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 8
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 214
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (215)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)