Oct 24, 2013, 2:01 PM EDT
The X-Rays were negative, but as of early this afternoon Carlos Beltran remains a game time decision to play tonight. Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch doubts he’ll play.
It stinks that the one thing that went right for the Cardinals last night — Beltran catching what would have been a grand slam, and injuring his ribs in the process — could potentially harm them more in this World Series than all of their silly goofups in Game 1. Those all ceased to matter last night. Beltran being out or diminished could cost them multiple games.
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 1
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 4
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 11
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)