Oct 24, 2013, 2:01 PM EDT
The X-Rays were negative, but as of early this afternoon Carlos Beltran remains a game time decision to play tonight. Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch doubts he’ll play.
It stinks that the one thing that went right for the Cardinals last night — Beltran catching what would have been a grand slam, and injuring his ribs in the process — could potentially harm them more in this World Series than all of their silly goofups in Game 1. Those all ceased to matter last night. Beltran being out or diminished could cost them multiple games.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)