Oct 24, 2013, 9:13 AM EDT
Clay Buchholz is not injured, he and the Sox say. And he is still scheduled to start Game 4 on Sunday in St. Louis. But the Red Sox’ ace did acknowledge last night that he is suffering from arm fatigue, reports WEEI.
“Just a little bit of fatigue setting in … It’s just a little dead at certain points. It’s not a pinpoint straight point where you say, ‘That’s where it is.’ … I’ve got maybe one start left so this is where you want to throw it all on the line.”
His velocity will be worth watching on Saturday night. It has been down in his postseason appearances.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 338
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 51
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (338)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)