Oct 24, 2013, 9:13 AM EDT
Clay Buchholz is not injured, he and the Sox say. And he is still scheduled to start Game 4 on Sunday in St. Louis. But the Red Sox’ ace did acknowledge last night that he is suffering from arm fatigue, reports WEEI.
“Just a little bit of fatigue setting in … It’s just a little dead at certain points. It’s not a pinpoint straight point where you say, ‘That’s where it is.’ … I’ve got maybe one start left so this is where you want to throw it all on the line.”
His velocity will be worth watching on Saturday night. It has been down in his postseason appearances.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 0
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 43
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 86
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)