Oct 24, 2013, 9:57 PM EDT
After Mary J. Blige sang the national anthem before Game 1 of the World Series last night, Red Sox fan and music legend James Taylor did the honors before Game 2 tonight. But he took some liberties in doing so. Or perhaps he just forgot what he was singing.
As you’ll see below, Taylor began by singing the beginning of “America the Beautiful” before quickly moving into the “Star-Spangled Banner.” It sure looked accidental, but he at least made a nice recovery.
(Hat-tip to Hilary Sargent for the video)
UPDATE: We now have the full video from MLB.com.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)