Oct 24, 2013, 9:57 PM EDT
After Mary J. Blige sang the national anthem before Game 1 of the World Series last night, Red Sox fan and music legend James Taylor did the honors before Game 2 tonight. But he took some liberties in doing so. Or perhaps he just forgot what he was singing.
As you’ll see below, Taylor began by singing the beginning of “America the Beautiful” before quickly moving into the “Star-Spangled Banner.” It sure looked accidental, but he at least made a nice recovery.
(Hat-tip to Hilary Sargent for the video)
UPDATE: We now have the full video from MLB.com.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 25
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 252
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 43
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (257)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)