Oct 24, 2013, 9:57 PM EDT
After Mary J. Blige sang the national anthem before Game 1 of the World Series last night, Red Sox fan and music legend James Taylor did the honors before Game 2 tonight. But he took some liberties in doing so. Or perhaps he just forgot what he was singing.
As you’ll see below, Taylor began by singing the beginning of “America the Beautiful” before quickly moving into the “Star-Spangled Banner.” It sure looked accidental, but he at least made a nice recovery.
(Hat-tip to Hilary Sargent for the video)
UPDATE: We now have the full video from MLB.com.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)