Oct 24, 2013, 9:57 PM EST
After Mary J. Blige sang the national anthem before Game 1 of the World Series last night, Red Sox fan and music legend James Taylor did the honors before Game 2 tonight. But he took some liberties in doing so. Or perhaps he just forgot what he was singing.
As you’ll see below, Taylor began by singing the beginning of “America the Beautiful” before quickly moving into the “Star-Spangled Banner.” It sure looked accidental, but he at least made a nice recovery.
(Hat-tip to Hilary Sargent for the video)
UPDATE: We now have the full video from MLB.com.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)