Oct 24, 2013, 6:27 PM EST
Lineups from Game 2 at Fenway Park …
Carlos Beltran tested his injured ribs during pregame batting practice and apparently felt good enough to be in the lineup after heading to the hospital during Game 1. Cardinals manager Mike Matheny has made a change, benching Pete Kozma and starting Daniel Descalso at shortstop. Something tells me most of St. Louis will be happy about that switch. Lefty bat Jon Jay is back in center field versus right-hander John Lackey and Matt Adams moves up in the order too.
SP John Lackey
David Ross caught Jon Lester in Game 1, but Jarrod Saltalamacchia is back behind the plate tonight paired with John Lackey. Red Sox manager John Farrell also decided to flip Stephen Drew and Xander Bogaerts in the lineup, batting the rookie ninth.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40