Oct 24, 2013, 6:27 PM EST
Lineups from Game 2 at Fenway Park …
Carlos Beltran tested his injured ribs during pregame batting practice and apparently felt good enough to be in the lineup after heading to the hospital during Game 1. Cardinals manager Mike Matheny has made a change, benching Pete Kozma and starting Daniel Descalso at shortstop. Something tells me most of St. Louis will be happy about that switch. Lefty bat Jon Jay is back in center field versus right-hander John Lackey and Matt Adams moves up in the order too.
SP John Lackey
David Ross caught Jon Lester in Game 1, but Jarrod Saltalamacchia is back behind the plate tonight paired with John Lackey. Red Sox manager John Farrell also decided to flip Stephen Drew and Xander Bogaerts in the lineup, batting the rookie ninth.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)