Oct 24, 2013, 6:27 PM EDT
Lineups from Game 2 at Fenway Park …
Carlos Beltran tested his injured ribs during pregame batting practice and apparently felt good enough to be in the lineup after heading to the hospital during Game 1. Cardinals manager Mike Matheny has made a change, benching Pete Kozma and starting Daniel Descalso at shortstop. Something tells me most of St. Louis will be happy about that switch. Lefty bat Jon Jay is back in center field versus right-hander John Lackey and Matt Adams moves up in the order too.
SP John Lackey
David Ross caught Jon Lester in Game 1, but Jarrod Saltalamacchia is back behind the plate tonight paired with John Lackey. Red Sox manager John Farrell also decided to flip Stephen Drew and Xander Bogaerts in the lineup, batting the rookie ninth.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 9
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 163
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 31
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (163)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)