Oct 24, 2013, 6:27 PM EDT
Lineups from Game 2 at Fenway Park …
Carlos Beltran tested his injured ribs during pregame batting practice and apparently felt good enough to be in the lineup after heading to the hospital during Game 1. Cardinals manager Mike Matheny has made a change, benching Pete Kozma and starting Daniel Descalso at shortstop. Something tells me most of St. Louis will be happy about that switch. Lefty bat Jon Jay is back in center field versus right-hander John Lackey and Matt Adams moves up in the order too.
SP John Lackey
David Ross caught Jon Lester in Game 1, but Jarrod Saltalamacchia is back behind the plate tonight paired with John Lackey. Red Sox manager John Farrell also decided to flip Stephen Drew and Xander Bogaerts in the lineup, batting the rookie ninth.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 3
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)