Oct 24, 2013, 12:05 AM EDT
Cardinals manager Mike Matheny announced in his postgame press conference that Carlos Beltran underwent X-rays and a CT scan at a local Boston hospital after banging his rib cage on the short right field wall at Fenway Park on Wednesday evening. The tests came up negative and the Cardinals will leave Beltran’s health status as “day-to-day” heading into the morning of World Series Game 2.
Here’s another look at the home run-robbing catch that led to Beltran’s rib contusion:
It looks like his elbow absorbs the bulk of the padding and his rib cage lands flush along the top of the wall.
The Red Sox won World Series Game 1 on Wednesday by a score of 8-1. Game 2 is on Thursday night.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 16
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)