Oct 24, 2013, 12:05 AM EST
Cardinals manager Mike Matheny announced in his postgame press conference that Carlos Beltran underwent X-rays and a CT scan at a local Boston hospital after banging his rib cage on the short right field wall at Fenway Park on Wednesday evening. The tests came up negative and the Cardinals will leave Beltran’s health status as “day-to-day” heading into the morning of World Series Game 2.
Here’s another look at the home run-robbing catch that led to Beltran’s rib contusion:
It looks like his elbow absorbs the bulk of the padding and his rib cage lands flush along the top of the wall.
The Red Sox won World Series Game 1 on Wednesday by a score of 8-1. Game 2 is on Thursday night.
- Report: MLB panel split on Josh Hamilton punishment; one-year suspension is in play 2
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 3
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (72)