Oct 24, 2013, 12:05 AM EDT
Cardinals manager Mike Matheny announced in his postgame press conference that Carlos Beltran underwent X-rays and a CT scan at a local Boston hospital after banging his rib cage on the short right field wall at Fenway Park on Wednesday evening. The tests came up negative and the Cardinals will leave Beltran’s health status as “day-to-day” heading into the morning of World Series Game 2.
Here’s another look at the home run-robbing catch that led to Beltran’s rib contusion:
It looks like his elbow absorbs the bulk of the padding and his rib cage lands flush along the top of the wall.
The Red Sox won World Series Game 1 on Wednesday by a score of 8-1. Game 2 is on Thursday night.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 0
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 9
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 153
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 20
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 33
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (153)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)