Oct 24, 2013, 12:05 AM EDT
Cardinals manager Mike Matheny announced in his postgame press conference that Carlos Beltran underwent X-rays and a CT scan at a local Boston hospital after banging his rib cage on the short right field wall at Fenway Park on Wednesday evening. The tests came up negative and the Cardinals will leave Beltran’s health status as “day-to-day” heading into the morning of World Series Game 2.
Here’s another look at the home run-robbing catch that led to Beltran’s rib contusion:
It looks like his elbow absorbs the bulk of the padding and his rib cage lands flush along the top of the wall.
The Red Sox won World Series Game 1 on Wednesday by a score of 8-1. Game 2 is on Thursday night.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)