Oct 25, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
Lynn also started Game 4 of the NLCS versus the Dodgers, throwing 5.1 innings and allowing two runs in a 4-2 victory matched up against Ricky Nolasco.
There had been some thought to bringing back Adam Wainwright on short rest to start Game 4, but instead he’ll be lined up for Game 5 followed by Michael Wacha in Game 6 and Joe Kelly (and basically everyone else on the pitching staff) in a potential Game 7.
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 19
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 19
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)