Oct 25, 2013, 4:31 PM EST
Lynn also started Game 4 of the NLCS versus the Dodgers, throwing 5.1 innings and allowing two runs in a 4-2 victory matched up against Ricky Nolasco.
There had been some thought to bringing back Adam Wainwright on short rest to start Game 4, but instead he’ll be lined up for Game 5 followed by Michael Wacha in Game 6 and Joe Kelly (and basically everyone else on the pitching staff) in a potential Game 7.
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 10
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 65
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 59
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 46
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 8
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)