Oct 25, 2013, 11:48 AM EDT
After finishing dead last among AL teams in scoring this season the White Sox fired hitting coach Jeff Manto and now they’ve settled on a replacement, with Scott Merkin of MLB.com reporting that it’ll be A’s minor league hitting coordinator Todd Steverson.
Steverson played briefly in the majors during the mid-90s and has lots of coaching experience in the minors and majors, including managing at Triple-A where he won the Pacific Coast League title in 2008.
There isn’t a ton of high-upside hitting talent on the White Sox’s roster at the moment, but Steverson will get to work with $68 million Cuban first baseman/slugger Jose Abreu.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 35
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 60
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)