Oct 25, 2013, 11:48 AM EDT
After finishing dead last among AL teams in scoring this season the White Sox fired hitting coach Jeff Manto and now they’ve settled on a replacement, with Scott Merkin of MLB.com reporting that it’ll be A’s minor league hitting coordinator Todd Steverson.
Steverson played briefly in the majors during the mid-90s and has lots of coaching experience in the minors and majors, including managing at Triple-A where he won the Pacific Coast League title in 2008.
There isn’t a ton of high-upside hitting talent on the White Sox’s roster at the moment, but Steverson will get to work with $68 million Cuban first baseman/slugger Jose Abreu.
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 8
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 96
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 97
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (103)