Oct 25, 2013, 11:48 AM EDT
After finishing dead last among AL teams in scoring this season the White Sox fired hitting coach Jeff Manto and now they’ve settled on a replacement, with Scott Merkin of MLB.com reporting that it’ll be A’s minor league hitting coordinator Todd Steverson.
Steverson played briefly in the majors during the mid-90s and has lots of coaching experience in the minors and majors, including managing at Triple-A where he won the Pacific Coast League title in 2008.
There isn’t a ton of high-upside hitting talent on the White Sox’s roster at the moment, but Steverson will get to work with $68 million Cuban first baseman/slugger Jose Abreu.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 41
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (126)