Oct 26, 2013, 9:39 AM EDT
This was from a couple of days ago, but it’s too cool to ignore.
Per MLB.com, Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig made a surprise visit to the Northeast Los Angeles Little League team on Tuesday. In addition to signing autographs and posing for pictures, he threw batting practice to the kids. Check it out below.
This is all part of Puig’s grand plan to create a generation of fun-havers. Whatever will we do? All joking aside, that’s one way to make some fans for life. Good on him.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)