Oct 26, 2013, 11:56 PM EDT
Neither is in my kitchen. I kid.
ESPN’s Mark Simon posted this fascinating bit of Trivia on Twitter a few minutes ago, after Red Sox reliever Brandon Workman had stepped into the batter’s box in the ninth inning of a tie game against Trevor Rosenthal. Workman, of course, struck out looking.
Last pitcher to bat in 9th inning or later of tied World Series game- Graeme Lloyd, 1996 Yankees
— Mark Simon (@msimonespn) October 27, 2013
As of this writing, Workman is on the mound in his second inning of relief for John Farrell’s Red Sox.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)