Oct 26, 2013, 11:56 PM EST
Neither is in my kitchen. I kid.
ESPN’s Mark Simon posted this fascinating bit of Trivia on Twitter a few minutes ago, after Red Sox reliever Brandon Workman had stepped into the batter’s box in the ninth inning of a tie game against Trevor Rosenthal. Workman, of course, struck out looking.
Last pitcher to bat in 9th inning or later of tied World Series game- Graeme Lloyd, 1996 Yankees
— Mark Simon (@msimonespn) October 27, 2013
As of this writing, Workman is on the mound in his second inning of relief for John Farrell’s Red Sox.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 118
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 30
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 35
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (129)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)