Oct 26, 2013, 11:56 PM EDT
Neither is in my kitchen. I kid.
ESPN’s Mark Simon posted this fascinating bit of Trivia on Twitter a few minutes ago, after Red Sox reliever Brandon Workman had stepped into the batter’s box in the ninth inning of a tie game against Trevor Rosenthal. Workman, of course, struck out looking.
Last pitcher to bat in 9th inning or later of tied World Series game- Graeme Lloyd, 1996 Yankees
— Mark Simon (@msimonespn) October 27, 2013
As of this writing, Workman is on the mound in his second inning of relief for John Farrell’s Red Sox.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 5
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 8
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)