Oct 27, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran gave the Cardinals the early 1-0 lead in Game 4 of the World Series with an RBI single up the middle with one out in the bottom of the third inning against Red Sox starter Clay Buchholz. The opportunity came about after Matt Carpenter singled to center, then advanced to second base when center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury deflected the ball with his glove.
Buchholz, showing diminished velocity, was able to work his way past Matt Holliday and Matt Adams to escape the frame without any further damage. It will be interesting to see how much more rope manager John Farrell will give Buchholz. He is now at 48 pitches.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)