Oct 27, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
Miguel Cabrera powered himself through the final month of the season despite dealing with a severely pulled groin that sapped him of his effectiveness at the plate. After an 11-homer August which put him in a position to pull ahead of Chris Davis in dingers to potentially win another Triple Crown, Cabrera could muster just one home run in September along with a .729 OPS. It was the lowest OPS he had posted in a single month since the final month of the 2004 season.
Cabrera is considering having surgery to repair his groin next week, per Jon Morosi of FOX Sports.
Earlier today, Cabrera was named the winner of the American League Hank Aaron Award. He is the favorite to win the AL Most Valuable Player award as well, which will be handed out in November.
- Report: Giants close to acquiring Casey McGehee from Marlins 4
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 53
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 139
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (139)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)